Dean Schneider ~ animal lover or crazy narcissist ??

In the past I have done posts about Kevin Richardson ~ ‘The Lion Whisperer’, the ‘man’ who cavorts with his lions, puts is fists in their throats, uses them to make adverts & films (buying cubs from breeding farms to make those films) yet whom is held up by the likes of Chris Mercer. One of his lions has even killed a young woman, yet he remains blameless.

Now it is the turn of Dean Schneider, in my opinion a narcissist of gargantuan proportions, not only cavorting with lions, he also has a hyena, ‘wolf’ & monkeys.

He posts on Instagram daily & on each post he asks you to share with five of your friends.

EVERY post promotes cavorting with these animals who could crush his skull with one bite, his followers want to have a lion cub, play with a hyena ete, etc, etc

In fairness Dean is a good looking guy & I am sure he could get plenty of followers by showing the correct way to care for captive wildlife, instead he chooses to ‘educate’ his followers with incorrect information on many occasions.

How long will it be till this lion bites Deans head

A very important message about how his animals are not socialised to ANY human ~ oh apart from him !! You must not want these animals as pets, you must want them to be wild & free ~ oh apart from him!! See the problem here

Why does a lion need your fist in his mouth

AND THIS is what happens to his lions if they don’t behave ~ punch to the head ~ & she’s just a baby who didn’t really appear to do anything intentionally wrong ~ nice huh !!

THIS is not how animals in captivity should be managed ~ it should be hands off !! A TRUE sanctuary abides by THREE rules ~ NO touching ~ NO breeding ~ NO trading.

I have volunteered at a TRUE sanctuary, whilst all the carnivores have been rescued from the lion farming/pet trade/entertainment sector ~ therefore all have been hand reared ~ NONE of them are touched by humans now except for medical needs ~ DEAN SCHNEIDER is not educating people, he is sending out the wrong message, carnivores DO NOT need human interaction when living in captivity !!

There has been much venom aimed at Disney for remaking Lion King, a film that did not use real animals & did not promote human/animal interaction ~ just wild animals living wild without a human in sight ~ yet people like Dean Schneider are all over social media sending out COMPLETELY the wrong messages & getting adored for it

MAKES PERFECT SENSE DOESN’T IT !!

Categories Uncategorized

63 thoughts on “Dean Schneider ~ animal lover or crazy narcissist ??

1. The reason I dislike Dean Schneider has less to do with his animal interaction — I don’t know enough to speak with any authority on the ethics and efficacy of human/animal interaction — and more to do with the fact that he comes across like a slimy douchebag.

He certainly is a pretty boy desperate for attention, sadly thousands are giving it to him, they claim to be animal lovers, but their first love is for him, and you just cannot get them to see that his behaviour is just wrong & not in the best interest of the animals.

Liked by 2 people

2. I was NOT the author of the second paragraph. Whoever wrote that should remove it

1. With respect, I am not entirely sure why you think I should remove my thoughts from my site

1. I’m not trying to censor your thoughts. The layout of the site, on my device at least, makes it appear as if I wrote the second paragraph. If you want to amend it to make it clear that it’s your words, that would be great. In terms of viewpoint, we’re virtually on the same page. But we shouldn’t be in the same comment.

2. Chris Marsden May 21, 2020 — 3:34 pm

All nxdoyle is saying is that it looks like the second paragraph was written by nxdoyle (it’s directly underneath with no name separating the two) and that nxdoyle does not want your comment looking like nxdoyle’s.

2. You are implying he’s took wild animals that where in the wild and made them captive where in reality he has saved wild animals from being captive who can’t be released as they’ve had human reaction so go and boil your head

1. I have implied nothing of the sort, everyone knows he paid for the lions, that is not saving them, that is perpetuating the lion farming industry, which is barbaric. Credible conservationists would NEVER pay for or encourage anyone else to pay for animals in strife, you are just paying for the problems to carry on!!

3. You realize you’re an idiot right? First, he knocked on her paw. Second, the other Lions would have hit her a LOT harder for scratching them. Can you SEEN the male smack the others for playing too rough? Third, She isn’t a cub anymore!

1. IF he was running a sanctuary, we would abide by the three principles DO NOT BUY ~ which he has, DO NOT INTERACT ~ which he does, DO NOT BREED ~ which he intends to. He IS NOT a lion, so he DOES NOT need to be living among them, therefore he does not need to chastise them!! He is neither a conservationist nor a teacher, he is just a pretty boy frolicking with carnivores & spreading mis~ information i.e telling you all he has a female hyena with penis when actually it took someone else to point out that the hyena is in fact a male, I mean, I don’t know about you, but I would hope that someone would at the very least know the sex of the animals in their care !!

1. I don’t know enough about Dean to understand his business. I have read that he has built homes for the disadvantage. I do have a question for you though…… hypothetical so you are an animal lover and you see an animal in horrible conditions, you know you have the ability and means to save it would you buy it, despite the rules? I would, I am a true animal lover, I would do whatever I could to save the animal. Granted, I completely disagree with him breeding his animals to remain in captivity. I would seek out animals in need. I don’t see the problem with him socializing with them if strict security measures are taken for other people. I enjoy watching the “lion whisperer” which I believe is on a completely different level. What’s your opinion on him?

2. No ~ any conservationist I know would not pay to rescue an animal, that is not a rescue it is a purchase which enables the seller to carry on the animal abuse. I also detest the lion whisperer, another pretty boy exploiting the lions for profit training them to make adverts & films, even buying white lion cubs from a lion farm to make a film, maybe that’s ok with you. One of his lions killed a girl, is that ok with you?? There have been plenty of incidents where captive lions have killed the ‘owners’ that frolicked with them, Schneider frolicks with many lions at a time, if one turns on him it will be a free for all, what will you think about him then & more importantly what will happen to the lions when they are labelled man killers ??

3. He said he does not breed the lions and has and is planning to sterilize the lions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dm1bBSrIfc&t=2s

4. he says a lot of things, he also said he was going to give Nala the gift of being a mother & only backtracked because of the backlash he received for it

4. Robbe Goossens May 8, 2020 — 7:06 am

Well, i don’t agree, he really does educate a lot of people. It’s a bit rash to assume that every fan is the same. Yes there are dumbasses who now want to do the same because he did it… but stupid people are everywere. He gives us the information and then it’s up to us to be smart… never have i ever heard him saying that is was a sanctuary… he does give a lot of correct info, and yes people make mistakes too. But he really brings the animals to others peoples hearts, you can’t mis it, read the reactions. No he’s not a lion, and no he doesn’t need to be with them. What’s important for me is that instead of getting killed, they now have a home and a good life. So in my eyes he saved those animals from certain death. That guy puts all of his money in to helping animals. So i’m asking you, what the hell is your problem?! Go talk about the REAL problems. Well i could say that 7 million people will agree with me. Or are we all nitwits and dumb too?
    Regards

Liked by 1 person

1. With respect ~ his website does state that he has a sanctuary which is also his personal home, on that site he also asks for donations, so ~ it’s not just his money paying for his lifestyle (which includes a chef, a personal manager & a personal assistant) & soon he will be asking you to buy his merchandise to support his lifestyle. The site also states that his ‘wife’ is a hyena (which incidentally someone else pointed out is actually a male, I find it worrysome that people put so much faith in someone who doesn’t even know the sex of the animals in his care) & that he is ‘daddy’ of two monkeys’ ~ last time I checked males can’t give birth & even women can’t birth monkeys!! You are free to believe what you want, as I am free to have an opinion, & as someone who has volunteered at a ‘true’ carnivore sanctuary ~ I can assure you that his sanctuary is the polar opposite to what a real sanctuary should be & any real conservationist will tell you that he is doing far more harm than good, starting when he paid for the lions, that is not rescuing ~ that is a transaction & the person he bought them from will have just bred more, THAT saves nothing!! His website also states ‘We don’t breed animals and we are also not trading animals’ but he has recently decided to start breeding AND the initial purchasing of the animals was infact trading, it won’t be long until there are videos of him bottle feeding cubs, as he concocts some story of how the mother abandoned them. Please look up Panthera Africa Big Cat Sanctuary ~ https://pantheraafrica.com/ or Drakenstein Lion Park ~ http://lionrescue.org.za/ ~ both with upstanding reputations & read ‘Cuddle Me ~ Kill Me’

1. He never started breeding lol. Where you read that? Fake news are everywhere. Go and check his Instagram page plz

2. he said he would not breed, then he was going to breed, then after the backlash, he decided not to breed

2. Ithis is a reply to the wildlife volunteer who seems to dislike everything anout Dean Schnieder.
      I agree Dean is great with his animals, he obviously loves them. And they trust and respect him. If they weren’t ent treated right he would have been dead a long time ago. He has a away with Lions especially.
      Big cats do not trust easily, yet to see him interact with them is amazing.
      No he does not use his videos to solicit young women to pay him money, that stupid.. and who ever thinks that has no idea of human relationship
      In fact your words, every time you talk about Dean , show a lot of jealousy, and possibly some envy… do you in fact have a crush on Dean? Lol!.
      He IS a very handsome young man ( i am old enough to be his grandmother) so have no designs on him and dont send money either. But I do enjoy his videos . I hope and pray that none of his animals ever bite him or hurt him intentional. Sadly some humans are bound to do that

1. No ~ I am not into pretty boys & am not at all jealous, & too be honest my gut tells me he is homosexual. I do wildlife volunteering holidays which are extremely satisfying, I have nothing to be jealous of. I have not said his videos solicit young females, he is (according to at least three people I have had contact from) in contact with random older women who he has started off in conversation on Facebook. There is very strong chance that his lions will attack him at some point, you may have seen one of my post where another guy bought lions from a lion farm, he infact went on to exploit them for money in exactly the same way as a lion farm would, only he called it ‘education’ ~ recently one of his lions killed him. Kevin Richardson bought lions from a lion farm, he exploits them for money to make films & tv ad’s, one of those lions killed a young woman. The lions Schneider have are still quite young, as they become more mature their behaviours will change & their instincts will become stronger, these lions live in a pride, if one attacks him the others will join in. My only interest is for the lions & his behaviour/interaction with them is not in their best interest & it is not educational, infact Schneider has been noted to give out the wrong information, including the sex of the hyena he refers to as his ‘wife’. You will find excuses for his behaviour, that does not make my opinion wrong, but just hope that one day you are not watching a video of him being shredded by the lions!!

5. Just close your ugly mouth when you know nothing about lions

1. WELL ~ aren’t you pleasant !! I know plenty about both lions AND sanctuaries thankyou & if you support Schneider, I would imagine it’s safe to assume that you only know what he tells you !!

6. Chris Marsden May 19, 2020 — 4:10 pm

Hi, I studied as a behavioural scientist and have a BSc from ICL.

As a human, he has acted just as the lions do (he trained in behavioural science for several years so he could live with the lions). Because he acts and lives like them, he is accepted by the pride as a lion. NOT as a human.

When he ‘punched the cub’, he was hitting her paw in order to show her what was wrong, without causing any injuries. Lions hurt each other all the time; it’s part of their daily lifestyles. Yes they could crush his head with one bite, but a lion would not do that to another member of the pride unless it was two alpha lions fighting to the death.

Also, it is very misleading to show only the very few newspaper articles against Dean Schneider and not any of the ones that are for him.

All of the information he tells us about animals is factually correct – but of course, I am probably mistaken.

Hopefully you might want to fix your showcase of errors.

Dean Schneider does not abuse animals, otherwise there would be an investigation (the RSPCA was openly invited to visit his sanctuary but they did not).

‘MAKES PERFECT SENSE DOESN’T IT !!’

1. Incase you hadn’t noticed Schneider is not a lion, therefore he has not acted just like the lions & if he was running an ethical sanctuary he would not be interacting with them, as for giving factually correct information, the hyena he refers to as his ‘wife’ (because that’s not weird at all) actually turned out to be a male & it took someone who happened to see a post of Schneider fawning over ‘her penis’to point it out, now call me crazy, but surely a basic of animal ownership is knowing the sex of the animal you own.

So in summary, I am entitled to my opinion, just as you are yours & as someone who has volunteered at a ‘true’ sanctuary, I shall continue down the track that Schneider abuses & exploits the carnivores at his farm to make money & get social media likes & adulation !!

1. Chris Marsden May 20, 2020 — 7:43 am

As for the part about the male hyena being his wife, that is just one error out of thousands of truths.

Again, if he was an abuser of the animals, he would in fact be investigated.

I am aware that Schneider is not a lion, but he is still accepted into the lion pride, lives with the lion pride and is treated as a lion by the other lions in the group.

2. Chris Marsden June 6, 2020 — 9:07 pm

Also, It was a female Hyena. The females have them too

3. You missed his post where he admits he was wrong ??

4. Just shut up ffs. Whats your issue. His an amazing person. Do you even read the shit you post? Please keep your opinion to yourself, because clearly you have no clue what you talking about. Dean is not “youre not seeing the point in what hes busy doing”. His doing an amazing job, its his passion, its defs not for attention or money. If you dont know the facts, then rather shut up

7. I am just doing some research into Dean’s mission and his critics too, and came across your site. I am in the middle right now, so I don’t really know what to make of it all, but after reading your post and your comments above about “hands-off”, I am wondering why you are pictured at the top of this page holding a primate in your arms? Wouldn’t that be wrong?

1. I was volunteering at a sanctuary, Shrinky was found just hours old brain damaged & alone, it’s suspected her cord had been wrapped around her neck in birth. Shrinky lived out her days with the youngest rescued baboons in order that she wouldn’t be attacked by older ones. Each day the baboons are taken into the bush for exercise & some freedom. Shrinky could not walk far & would ask to be picked up ~ not quite the same as buying carnivores & exploiting them for social media fame & fortune !! Shrinky is now passed away, so don’t worry, I won’t get the chance to hold her in my arms again

8. Justin McClure July 11, 2020 — 1:49 pm

You can have your opinion of anyone, but from what I see, Dean truly loves those lions and they’re his life. As for you accusing him of hitting a lion cub, if you have a brain you can see the lion scratched him so he let her know that wasn’t ok. He obviously didn’t cause the animal pain or injury. You should get a life and focus on people who are abusing animals and keep them in cages. Dean gives them a ton of natural land to be lions and be free. It’s such a bad look for you to be so caught up in someone who treats lions with respect and gives them a natural habitat to live in. Worry about your own self or focus on those who are keeping animals locked up and abusing them. Smh. So pathetic

1. So I can have my opinion, but you are going to slag me off for it, doesn’t surprise me really when you are someone who cannot see what that man is really about

9. So basically in your opinion if you form a bond with captive wildlife and play with them, you’re abusing the animals. In fact if you interact with them AT ALL you’re abusing them because “animals don’t need human interaction” (even though they clearly enjoy it) (oh and btw there are pictures of you interacting with animals, so I guess you’re an abuser too). And if you post your interactions on social media you’re a raging narcissist who doesn’t really care about the wellbeing of their animals (which, again, you do)? Oh and if you leave out tiny minutia in your 7 minute videos (like the exact taxonomy of the animals) you’re not really educating people? Do you see how absurd, absolutist, and hypocritical this argument is? I mean do you have a problem with zookeepers interacting with their animals in front of a live audience? Do you have a problem with Carole Baskin? How about Thai and Indian Mahouts who have cared for and interacted with elephants for thousands of years? And why the hell are you allowed to interact with wild animals and they aren’t? I’m not saying there aren’t owners out there abusing animals like the Tiger King, but you have ZERO evidence that Schneider or Kevin Robinson do that (besides a single video that was taken so completely out of context it’s in its own fucking time zone). Both men sterilize their animals to prevent captive breeding, they clearly care about and take care of their animals, and their sanctuaries meet all of the ethical guidelines outlined by the South African government. They actively discourage anyone else from interacting with wild animals the way they do—which exculpates them and their animals from any responsibility if people are stupid enough to ignore them. And they do educate people on the beauty of these animals, regardless of whether or not they meet your stupidly high standards for education—which you yourself have never met. You’re basing your entire argument on conjecture and unsubstantiated assumptions, all the while taking videos that show loving interactions completely out of context and posing hypotheticals like “what if” as if they’re inevitable. You assume these interactions actually belie abuse off-screen, again with zero evidence. These are not legitimate arguments. They’re just libelous slander. They reek of rank double standards and uninformed opinion passed off as expertise (which again is exactly what you accuse them of). If you ask me, I don’t think these two conservationists are the narcissists in this equation.
    P.S. what the hell are your credentials for judging these two experts beyond merely your volunteer experiences? Because being a volunteer DOES NOT make you an expert in animal care LMAO.
    P.P.S. You’re incorrect about that video of Schneider hitting a lion. He didn’t hit its head, just it’s paw. He did it to show the lion there’s a line. And finally lions do SO MUCH WORSE to each other just in their play. So how much educating are you doing, lady?
    P.P.P.S. Sticking your hand in an animal’s is mouth IS NOT abuse. Dog owners and trainers do it all the time to discourage biting—which the guys make clear is why they do it. Again, your opinions are not backed up by any real experience in sanctuary management or animal care and you’re not educating anybody with these baseless and hypocritical accusations.

1. The animals you have seen me handle are orphans & casualties of human/animal conflict, they have been RESCUED not paid for unlike the carnivores owned by Schneider & Richardson !! The baboon I am holding was brain damaged & could not walk all the way & back for her daily exercise, but don’t worry, she’s dead now so no one else will get to interact with her. You are making quite a sweeping statement about what YOU think I do or not do in my day to day life, actually I spend a fair bit of time with REAL conservationists who have more credentials than you or I could ever dream of, Schneider & RIchardson are not conservationists, they do not abide up the code of ethics which state that you do no breed, interact or trade in captive wildlife, they may not breed (though Schneider was going to until he received a backlash) but they certainly trade & touch, one of Richardsons lion killed a girl ~ or is that ok with you?? before you start to spout how Richardson has touted that it was the girls fault, if that was the case, why did members of his staff quit in disgust ?? It’s interesting that those you hold up to care about the animals in their care are all actually people who profit off of those animals, they are just money making commodities, let’s look at the loving mahout, do you know what ‘Phajaan’ is ?? I will assume not & enlighten you. Phajaan is the breaking of a baby elephants spirit, a barbaric practice to enable it to perform for tourists & take them for rides, once the baby has been broken, it will then perform every day for tourists, you may like to research the baby elephant who was so malnourished that during one ‘trick’ which involved it standing on it’s back legs, had to be slaughtered because as it raised on to it’s back legs, the bones in both legs snapped, IF baby elephants survive this faze of life, they will spend the rest being prodded with bullhooks & chained to one spot when not working, elephants evolved to wander hundreds of miles to eat, drink & breed, to spend most of it’s life chained to one spot & prodded with bull hooks has a huge detrimental effect on it’s sanity & many of these elephants going slowly mad & they often end up going on a rampage, killing people & ending up dead, if that’s your idea of being cared about, then it doesn’t surprise me that you can’t see what Schneider is about!! SO you can have a go at me all you like, just because I chose to look at reality rather than through rose coloured spectacles ~ it doesn’t make me wrong, I talk to leading conservationists & get FACTS. So you can retaliate to what I have said if you like, but know that I won’t be responding, I frankly have more important things to do like raising money & awareness for orphan chimps who have seen their whole families slaughtered for bush meat & putting together an event that will see leading conservationists go head to head with trophy hunters about hunting & lion farming (you know, those places Schneider & Richardson buy lions from) Goodbye !! Oh I will just leave this link for you, you know, being as I know NOTHING, but you seem to think you do https://youtu.be/d2AvHPKOS7k ~ Pjajaan ~ you’re welcome !!

1. Oh and
        10. Apparently I need to repeat this: JUST BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT AN ANIMAL, PLAY WITH IT, POST VIDEOS ABOUT IT, AND MAKE MONEY OFF IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HATE IT AND ABUSE IT! Otherwise literally every cat, dog, and horse owner in the world would be in jail. I mean, Jesus Christ you are bad at this!
        11. This right here, this is why nobody respects PETA. Y’all dont really care about animals. If you did, y’all would be analyzing and fighting to dismantle the capitalist structures that ensure the big gaming, captive breeding, and enclosed hunting industries continue to thrive. All PETA people care about is attention. Your problem is with capitalism, not with two conservationists with their hearts in the right places. Be a communist if you really want to fight this stuff. Communism is awesome!

2. You need to stop now, you are making yourself sound a bit stupid

3. If he would abuse those animals he would be investigated! A week ago they checked his sanctuary and they loved it! Please do some research

4. so punching an animal who he should not be interacting with is not abuse ?? & don’t think that was the only time he would have inflicted such punishment, these are carnivores with sharp teeth & nails & an instinct to kill, they would have & still will be being ‘put in their place’ the naivety of those of you who believe everything he say’s is as unbelievable as the things he says

10. Christophe Civiletti July 25, 2020 — 2:26 pm

I just watched fiew videos of him and he seems a really good guy who cares a lot about animals. I thing wild animal should stay and be in a wild without humans interaction. Last time he posted lions are not a pets. So I asked him one question. Do the lions hunt by themselves? No answers since. If they can’t being able to hunt by themselves, for my opinion they just a wild pets. I’m not a hater about him and he seems doing a really great job for animals. Just wondering why they don’t hunt by themselves.

1. Hi, they don’t hunt for themselves because they were born in captivity, taken from their mothers soon after birth, hand reared by humans ~ he bought them from a lion farm, this is big business in South Africa, the lions end up shot by trophy hunters or killed & their bones shipped to Asia. By paying for these lions he has enabled more to be bred to be slaughtered, no self respecting conservationist would pay to rescue an animal for this very reason, however hard it would be to walk away from the rescue.

11. Boy are you an uneducated over-opinionated moron. “I volunteered at sanctuary” is your biggest credential…? My gran volunteered at a wildlife sanctuary… And she was a baker. I volunteered at a wildlife sanctuary, but I’m in IT Management. What a friggin joke. Get offline.

1. No ~ it’s not my biggest credential, I spend my time with people who are working conservationists & I organise events which give them a platform to speak & educate morons !!

12. I personally don’t see anything wrong with what he’s doing, and I’m not even a fan of his. From my research, he does not breed them. In fact, he sterilized Nayla for fear that introducing her cubs to the pride will mess up the hierarchy and promote inbreeding. Yes he has an eccentric personality based of his IG videos. Yes it can be rather annoying, but that’s no reason to mock him as ‘pretty boy’, which btw is what you scorned him for being throughout the blog. His looks has nothing to do with his works and the fact that that was even an argumentative point is… well embarrassing.

Also, yes we all know he’s not a lion. If they didn’t want him in their pride, they would have made it clear. Just like how you can make a decision based off your opinions, so can the lions. And if they decide to accept him, so be it.

1. This guy was ‘accepted’ by lions, had they killed a tourist he touted them to for’walking with lion’ experiences you would be enraged, but I guess because he behaves the same way as Schneider, it’s ok !! https://thewildlifevolunteer.com/2020/08/27/after-the-abuse-i-have-received-for-talking-out-against-dean-schneider-kevin-richardson-this-happens/

13. You are fucking retarded!!!!!!!!! I know Dean Personally and he is a great guy, and puts his animals before anything else. You are just jealous because you have done nothing to really help animal, except volunteering, which any moron can do. Dean has changed his whole life for these animals and loves them.

1. Well aren’t you pleasant ~ I am not too surprised about that though !! Your friend paid for some lions & now he asks the public to pay for his ‘private’ lifestyle. No one doubts he loves them, but he clearly loves the social media attention more. This guy bought himself some lions, https://thewildlifevolunteer.com/2020/08/27/after-the-abuse-i-have-received-for-talking-out-against-dean-schneider-kevin-richardson-this-happens/ exploited them for money whilst ‘educating’ people, he loved his lions as well, they repaid him by killing him, because they are lions & he is not, you may not like that, but that’s just how it is. There are people in this world who rescue animals, paying for them is not rescuing them, they love them & take care of their every need ~ WITHOUT ever laying a finger on them apart from medical care, THAT is true love, giving them everything & expecting nothing in return

14. Also one more thing, I feel like calling someone names like “Crazy narcissist” is a bit childish, and your should keep that type of stuff to your self. He could be going to some tough times right now, and negative words could really hurt him. I feel like if you don’t like what he is doing, you should contact him and ask him to change a little bit politely. This does not mean change every thing he is doing, but inform him of your opinion and ask if he would like the change a few things at his farm. Again, this is my opinion, and god bless.

1. plenty of people have contacted him, nothing has changed, if you do indeed know him, then feel free to get him to contact me, but I doubt very much he would change anything, the lions deserve an existence with as little human contact as possible, that doesn’t get social media adulation

15. Hello, I own a carnivore sanctuary in America. The two animal sanctuaries you have listed, are not true animal sanctuaries. I noticed 2 reasons just by looking at their websites for only a few minutes each. First, There is no where close to enough land for the animals, It is not even enough space for one of those lions. Second, a true sanctuary would not allow visitors no matter how much they needed money. At my sanctuary every animal at least has 100 acres to them selves and then I add an additional 50 acres for every other animal I add the the habitat. Also I allow no one to visit my sanctuary, because the lions should not haft to endear the annoyance of visitors every day.
    Dean does not allow people to visit his sanctuary and he is about the expand his lions habitat to 300 hectares, which is still not enough space for a lion, which I don’t think any one can really give a lion as much space as needed, but he does not keep his lions as cramped up as those sanctuaries listed above. As someone who has run a sanctuary for years, I don’t think Dean is doing any thing wrong. Also what gives you the authority to criticize others. Do you work for any animal rights agency, or do you own a sanctuary of your own, I would like to know. Thank your, have a nice day.

1. So people should only rescue animals if they have an enormous amount of land or enough money to be self sufficient ?? Instead they should leave those animals in lion farms ?? Schneider PAID for those lions, therefore they are not rescued, he asks his adoring fans to fund his lifestyle but that’s ok?

1. Actually they’re rescued. He talked about it in a post in 2017 in his Instagram, I can tag you in it if you want. Also every time he had a new family member he talked about the places he rescued them, with all respect you should have watched more of his posts before doing this comment.

2. he didn’t rescue them he paid for them ~ that is not rescuing

3. And he’s not open to the public, with that you can see that he doesn’t do it for money.
        I think that if you want to rescue can animal you should have enough space for them so they can feel free and happy.

4. he has a collection of animals for his private enjoyment that he asks the public to pay for, he is not a sanctuary, ‘true’ sanctuaries do not interact with carnivores & they do not buy or sell, he bought those animals

16. I noticed that you did not respond to my messages on your website. I don’t know if it is because you did not get it or if you know I made a few good points and you are to embarrassed to respond, but I would still like a response on the website, thanks.

17. Hope a pride of lions take their time ripping you limb from limb.

18. I am baffled at the number of people who rush to defend Dean after reading your article. It is black and white, true conservation is done through a hands-off approach. Dean is an enormous hypocrite. Just because he is charismatic and loves petting them and this ridiculous idea that he is part of the pride, does not condone his behaviour. I really think people need to think again before they try and slate this article….

1. True conservation means you do not pay to rescue animals, Dean is not a conservationist, he is running a vanity project & of course who wouldn’t want a back yard full of ‘tame’ lions, but apart from the obscenity of paying for them, therefore paying for more to be bred in captivity, he also compromises their future, if one attacks him, they will most likely all pile in ~ what will happen to them ~ most likely they will be shot & them attacking him is not beyond the realms of possibility, I have also done a more recent post about a guy who ‘rescued’ 2 lionesses from the lion farming industry, only to go on & use them in the exact same way as that industry does, but dressed it up as ‘education’, one of the lioness’s recently killed him. Kevin Richardson, another lion fondler who’s followers will have nothing said about him, also has a lion which killed a young woman, Richardson told a story where the woman was the guilty party, some of his staff even left their jobs over it, yet Richardson goes unpunished, people chuck their money at him, he purchased white lion cubs to make a film & uses ‘his’ lions to make adverts, which is just lining his pockets & is animal exploitation ~ AND YET ~ people will slag me off for talking out against these clowns, but that’s ok because my only concern is for the animals & I have a thick skin, would be interesting to see what they would have to say if there wasn’t a keyboard inbetween us!! But if I can open the eyes of just a handful of people, then I am happy ~ FOR THE ANIMALS !!

19. Johan Wollbratt March 10, 2021 — 9:32 pm

Well. You’re obviously personal biased towards your claims. Not once has he portrayed wrongful information about animals as you state. Also, his aim is to protect the lion pride and keep them in their wilderness habitat; which he does. Not in a cage or close confinements. You seem to lack proper knowledge that in pure widerness there is tons of people killing animals for self glory or illegal trades. What he does and dedicates his life to is pure love for the animals and spread knowledge to humans worldwide, making a great audience getting in touch with the wilderness, making them respect it. All over your text, it is clear to me your ego simply dislike the character of Dean and tries to make up claims of what he is doing wrong. Shape up. It’s not like your effort in life is better, or is it?

1. I know plenty about lions thankyou, he DOES give out incorrect information & he is not protecting them, he bought himself some lions to play with, that’s not protection , that’s ego

20. Hi! I do believe that dean could release them, but in a recent post he stated that he is trying to give them a bigger space without even being fenced… Your opinion to me is a little childish but no bad regards have a good life!

1. Would you release carnivores who cannot hunt ??